The PEI Health Sector Council (PEIHSC) is an organization, created to provide a sector-wide forum for the discussion, identification and validation of health human resource issues within PEI. We represent the many occupations and groups within the public, private and charitable/not-for-profit arms of the health sector. In our role we will:
- identify, assess and address human resource issues,
- promote increased awareness of the need for an ongoing commitment to human resource development which meets the challenges presented by an ever-changing demographic and technological environment,
- be a source of influence for relevant and timely development of health related human resource policies consistent with increasing demands.
To increase the effectiveness and efficiency of health care delivery in PEI by undertaking initiatives which will enhance the ability to attract and retain a quality health sector workforce.
The PEI Health Sector Council will work with organizations, associations, health care professionals and employers to address, validate and prioritize the health sector human resource challenges as they:
- maintain a sector council that represents the entire health sector,
- research and develop resource materials that are evidence based and client centered,
- provide leadership to develop strategies to ensure recruitment and retention of the health sector workforce,
- identify available training and partner with the institutions and organizations with the expertise to develop training programs.
The affairs of the HSC shall be governed by a Board of a minimum of twelve (12) Directors with a maximum of seventeen (17) Directors. The board will consist of nominees from each of the following:
- Charitable/non-profit Organizations
- Professional Associations
Ex-Officio (non-voting) members may include:
- Public Representative/s
- Industry/Sector Experts
- Provincial/Federal Representatives
- Government Departments
- Regulatory Bodies